It’s no doubt that Coronavirus has taken the world by storm, In my 20+ years of life, I have never witnessed such a time when everything is almost brought to a standstill. Life has literally stopped,. Thousands have perished and thousands in different parts of the world are still fighting for their lives. Well, below are some of the things you need to know about this pandemic:
- Corona virus is a respiratory disease that is affecting the whole world.
- Corona virus is not an airborne disease but it’s spread through droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes or when one gets into contact with a contaminated surface from an individual who is infected.
- Signs of corona virus are high fever, cough, headache, body ache and difficulty in breathing.
- We only need masks if we are coughing or sneezing or in presence of an infected person. For this point let me speak for Kenya according to the current situation in our country.
- If anyone experiences flu-like symptoms especially if the individual is travelling from a country with reported cases of the virus, they should report to nearest health facility.